Friday, November 05, 2010

Dying to Self - Taking Correction

Proverbs 2: 1 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

Proverbs 12: 15 The way of fools seems right to them,
but the wise listen to advice.

Proverbs 10: 17 Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life,
but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.

We all need correction. What is the message in these scriptures? God will give us the answers to our questions, even if we don't like the answer. Sometimes we just need to look into His word to learn our lessons in life. He will always be there, but we need to learn from others as well. This is the reason there are other Christians in our lives... to help us learn.

My attitude about being corrected: I honestly don't mind it most of the time. Sometimes I will have an attitude toward whomever is correcting me. There are specific people that can cause a negative reaction from me when they correct me or my actions. I know that if someone is going out and correcting me about something than I need to make a change.

Proverbs 15: 9 The LORD detests the way of the wicked,

but he loves those who pursue righteousness.

10 Stern discipline awaits anyone who leaves the path;
the one who hates correction will die.

Proverbs 12:1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but whoever hates correction is stupid.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

If someone is going to help me learn and teach me thru God's word... awesome. This can equip me with the power to overcome the issue. When it is brought to me in a worldly manner, good cannot always come from it. No matter what if I remember to keep God's word on my heart, I can learn and become a better Christian.

Personal note:

I have seen recently one person that has shown an amazing repentance of heart. This person asked for help, God's word was put into place and amazing things can now happen in this person's life. I can't wait to witness it.

I need to make many changes in myself. If anyone who reads these blogs knows of scriptures that can help me, that would be wonderful. I need to change my eating habits and make sure that I treat my body as God wants me to; as his temple. I know what I need to do, the actual doing is the hard part. Chocolate and pop are the downfall for me. I need to make a major effort to change something and become a healthier me, for God, not just for weight loss and control. I need to treat my life as He sees it, special and a gift.

No comments: