Monday, November 08, 2010

Dying to Self - New Attitude

What do I think when I read these passages:

Phil 2:14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky

This one is well used with us parents, we just need to use it ourselves. Stop complaining so you can be blameless in God's sight and SHINE like the stars.

Phil 3:
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Everything is garbage if it's not Jesus!

Phil 4:
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

This says it all alone... rejoice in the Lord! Be happy and glad no matter what comes your way.

PHil 4:
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

This is one of the most difficult things to do... be content no matter what. I have to respond to this! I need to be content with the way God has put my life together. He has given me so much wonderful things in my life... there's no reason to feel low about anything.


Phil 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

In Jesus Christ we have all we need to maintain a great attitude. True or false? reason?
This is so true. When we are saved, that's the best thing ever! This is the reason for Jesus. So, with Him we can be happy no matter what. Besides, if you're saved and going to heaven the little things of the earth are just that... of the earth... not of heaven. It is really hard to remember this, especially for those of us who suffer with depression naturally, but we can do it. No matter what our hurdles are, as long as Jesus is in our lives we can survive it with a good attitude. He will sit by us every day. He will shove us in the right direction when we need it. It's up to us whether we are going to follow that thin path He's made for us. It's the hardest path to follow, but we can do it.

John 16:
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Peace, what a concept! See! Even Jesus says we'll have trouble in our lives. It's not that being saved makes your life trouble free, not one bit, it's just that with Him you can have peace. You can overcome the world as He did. You no longer need to live like those around you... greedy, envious, angry, bitter, etc.

Romans 8:
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Wow! God works for those who love him.

James 1:
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

This is so hard to do while you're in the middle of trials... be happy about it. You'll have trials, problems in your life, this will not change. Following God does not mean they will go away, only that God is always with you and will help you find the right answers. It will help you grow and mature in your life as you face these trials and problems.

Now to remember each day to put these into practice! I need to remember these scriptures. God wants me to continue growing stronger and lean on Him when I need some help. I will do this. Praying will help as well. Specific prayers, not just for others, but for the needs of myself and my family. Everyone needs to do this as well.

No comments: