Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Dying to Self - Life from Death

John 12:20 Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival. 21 They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. “Sir,” they said, “we would like to see Jesus.” 22 Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.

23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

v23 - What do you think of when you hear that someone is about to receive "glory"? Praise in any fashion... applause... everyone knows about it.

v24 - Jesus indicates that the way he will find his glory is by becoming that seed that falls to the ground and dies. What does he say will be the impact of the seed that dies? If the seed dies, it will produce many more seeds. Jesus died for us (as did the kernel of wheat) he became that seed and produced many more seeds.

v26- why is this exciting? God is going to honor us that follows Jesus! How could that not be exciting?

Just the thought itself of God wanting to honor me is unfathomable. Just because I decided to follow Jesus, God want's to make sure I'm taken care of in many ways.

Honestly, this week has been a good week for me. I'm doing what I can to focus on God and the kingdom instead of the issues going on in my life. There are many things that I can get wrapped up in worry over, however, I'm choosing to allow God to take control of these things. I still need to be praying more, even though I have now gotten my quiet times moving in the right direction. I currently have a head cold which has made me even spacier than usual, so I will still have to work on my prayer time. Right now, when I close my eyes, I feel like falling asleep.

I would really like to wake up feeling refreshed and energetic. One day this will happen! I know I need to loose weight, big time, between that and exercising better I'm sure that I'll sleep a little better. I'm also sure that when God puts a job infront of Will, the financial worries will disappear from my list. So, if you pray, pray for that... for Will to find a job. I haven't decided what I'm going to fast from yet for this, but I will find something to fast from until he's working again. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: