Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Dying to Self - Co-Crucified with Christ

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

The word in Greek in this verse actually means "I have been co-crucified with Christ." How do we use the prefix "co"? What is a "co-worker" or "co- leader"? And so what is the message for Christians?

This to me means that even though it is Christ who was crucified physically, I was there as well. My sins were crucified. Now I'm in the body of Christ, so I can live by my faith in Him.

Mat 7?
12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

How do I make this part of me? Do I treat others the way God wants me to? I'm trying to. I do need to work on this however. I know that sometimes I'm not as nice as I should be, or as considerate as I can be. I will have to do some praying on this issue. Praying that God will give me the opportunities to make the changes He sees that I need. With Him I can make the changes I want to in me, I just need to make sure it's with Him and not against Him.


No comments: