Wednesday, October 29, 2008

QT - Teach Me,Lord, to Wait

Lyrics:
Teach Me, Lord, To Wait

Teach me, Lord, to wait down on my knees;
Till in Your own good time You will answer my pleas.
Teach me not to rely on what others do;
but to wait in prayer for an anwer from You.

Teach me, Lord, to wait while my heart's all aflame.
Let me humble my pride and call on Your name.
Keep my faith renewed; keep my eyes fixed on You.
Let me be on this earth what You want me to be.

Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
They shall mount up with wings like eagles.
They shall run and not be weary; They shall walk and not faint.
Teach me, Lord, teach me, Lord, to wait.

Ok, this is such a powerful song. I wanted to change my QT just a little today. Music is such a part of my life and this is why. I can feel God hugging me and comforting me when I am down. When I sing I can rejoice with God about all things. Even about the things that I struggle with.

I've been listening to a bunch of Christian songs again. I have missed it so much. God's voice is through music, through art, through everything if we allow it.

So this song... what's it's meaning? Hello! BE PATIENT. God will take care of us. He knows our needs and wants. He knows our thoughts and loves. What we're passionate about and what drives us to our last nerve. Only with Him can we truely be what He wants us to be.

So...

Teach me, Lord, to wait down on my knees;
Till in Your own good time You will answer my pleas.
Teach me not to rely on what others do;
but to wait in prayer for an anwer from You


Teach me to pray for the things I must wait for. Teach me NOT to rely on others. Gee, that's nice and simple for us. I know that if we rely on others we will be disappointed. If we rely on God... we won't. So focus on praying to God about what we desire.

Teach me, Lord, to wait while my heart's all aflame.
Let me humble my pride and call on Your name.
Keep my faith renewed; keep my eyes fixed on You.
Let me be on this earth what You want me to be.


Gee... while my heart is torn apart and I feel miserable.... teach me how to wait. Humble me. Break down my pride.... help me to call on YOU when all these things are happening to me. Keep my faith renewed and strong. Help me to stay focused on You and not on what the world is doing. Make me what YOU want me to be. Let me live for YOU.

Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
They shall mount up with wings like eagles.
They shall run and not be weary; They shall walk and not faint.
Teach me, Lord, teach me, Lord, to wait.


The ending is so true. We need to wait for You. My strength will continue to grow with You. You will help me to soar through the air like an eagle. We can run and not grow tired, or get a cramp in our side.

Learning to wait for what God wants for us is so difficult. We are such a people that wants things NOW. I'm seeing that as I wait for the things I pray for, my faith grows. That I can start to see the pure beauty of all His creations.

It's amazing to see the creations and how He's allowed things to happen in our lives to be where we are today. For me to be where I am today. I have a hard time with thinking about the past. For some reason my nature is to look at the negative (in my head), so I am working diligently at focusing on TODAY and all the wonderous things going on. Watching a spider spin a web. Watching my cat sleep on his back, teeth showing like a little tiger. Listening to the laughter of ANYONE. Ok, kid laughter is the best, but I'll take any true laugh.

Music can be so uplifting if we allow it. God's word can be shared in many ways. Thankfully there is now the internet where we can show how much He is working in our lives.

I am truely grateful for being shown the truth of His word. Seeing that He cares for us and wants us to be with Him. How He can truely take care of us and gives us so much. Do we realize what He does give us? Not all the time.

What did I recieve today? God's love. He gave me the energy to work today. To start getting caught up with what I missed last week when I was sick. To laugh and smile today. He gave me the white blood cells to fight off this cold and become healthy again. He gave me clothing to wear today. The sun is shining brightly. He gave us music! He gave me my family... my husband, kids and everyone else that I know. I have great friends. God has put them in my life.

I am truely grateful for the things He has given me today.

God is love
God loves us
God wants our love

Smile - God's watching

No comments: