Wednesday, October 15, 2008

QT Proverbs 5

Proverbs 5: 1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
turn your ear to my words of insight,
2 that you may maintain discretion
and your lips may preserve knowledge.
Hey! Pay attention! Listen to me!
3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil;
Straying to another seems easy.
4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
sharp as a double-edged sword.
It hurts everyone envolved.
5 Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave.
Following the sin will lead you away from God.
6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.
Satan's sins go all over.
7 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
do not turn aside from what I say.
Pay attention to God's word!
8 Keep to a path far from her,
do not go near the door of her house,
Turn your back from satan.
9 lest you lose your honor to others
and your dignity [a] to one who is cruel,
Don't give in to Satan.
10 lest strangers feast on your wealth
and your toil enrich the house of another.
You will loose everything God has promised.
11 At the end of your life you will groan,
when your flesh and body are spent.
You will be in anguish your whole life.
12 You will say, "How I hated discipline!
How my heart spurned correction!
You will say... "I didn't listen"
13 I would not obey my teachers
or turn my ear to my instructors.
"I just didn't listen to God."
14 And I was soon in serious trouble
in the assembly of God's people."
God's people saw my sin.
15 Drink water from your own cistern,
running water from your own well.
16 Should your springs overflow in the streets,
your streams of water in the public squares?
Sin will overflow.
17 Let them be yours alone,
never to be shared with strangers.
18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
You will be blessed and happy.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.
May your spouse take care of you.
20 Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man's wife?
Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?
Why be sinful?
21 For your ways are in full view of the LORD,
and he examines all your paths.
God will lead us down the right path.
22 The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them;
the cords of their sins hold them fast.
Sin will hold onto you.

Well, God wants us to be happy with our spouse. He wants to make sure we follow His word. This is a warning for us. This is a sin, stay with your spouse, be faithful to him/her. I know this is written to a man but you can change it around to be for a woman as well.

Honestly, today I am struggling with my QT. The grass is always greener ... I hate that thought, but sometimes it is. I know it's sinful, I am trying to focus on what God wants me to do. What is His will? I pray that God can shine the light on the path he wants me to take. I know that if I follow God, all will be good. I will get to dance and party in heaven. Ok, you know, I can't dance on earth so it will be nice to dance in heaven.

This is what I am focusing on. Being faithful to Him. Following His lead. I want to be loved by God, in a stong way.

I want to see the awesome things he does in my life as only He can see them. I want to see through His eyes, just like the song says.


23 For lack of discipline they will die,
led astray by their own great folly.

No comments: