Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Walk

My walk is the only one I know. I look at other people and see that I know God does not want me dealing with their issues, but with mine. He's given me specific things in my life. I shall handle them the best that I can.

Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:22-26 NIV

God wants us to follow Him no matter what our trials are. He wants us to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace together with other Christians. Be kind to everyone. Hmmm, ever have a difficult time with that? I know I do sometimes. I have to bite on my tongue so I do not start quarrels. This is what we've been taught as kids... think about what you're going to say before you say it. Putting this into practice is difficult. It's much easier to just say whatever comes to mind, not thinking or caring about the other person. This is now how God wants us to treat each other. We need to be nice and loving to everyone, even those we do not like and those that sin against us.

To do this we need to know God's love. It's not possible without it. The only way we can learn to forgive and love others is by reading God's word and learning how He wants us to live. Once we learn how we're forgiven, then we can truly forgive someone else. Forgiving is a difficult thing for some, but it's amazing when you are able to do that.

God forgives us for our sins. For all the bad things we do in our lives. He still loves us... no matter. Now get off your butt and follow Him. Read his word. Live your life for Him!

Today it's a difficult day for me to do these things as I'm completely exhausted. Wednesday nights are late nights for me and already having lack of sleep in my system makes it more difficult to feel rested in the mornings. So today I'm doing the best I can to focus on Him and do what I can for Him, not me alone.

No comments: