Monday, October 25, 2010

Putting on my Armor

The Armor of God

Eph 6:10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.


Have I put on my armor today? Not as well as I would like, but that will improve with time. Just like anything else, the more you practice the better you can become at something. When you fall down trying, pick yourself up and try it again. This is where I am. I'm picking myself up and starting again. Wonder what this means? Basically, I have not been the Christian that I expect myself to be. I believe that if I am going to make an impact on anyone for God, then I need to live the life He wants me to be living. I need to seek him out every day. I need to pray continusly. Over and over, living on the Word of my God. The one true God!

13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Every day we need to do this. Put on your armor of God. Each piece has a special meaning and it will help you walk with Him daily. Defeating the satan when he attacks you... which he will do it often. Just when you least expect it, you'll be hit with something. This is when He wants you to see Him. He's here with me daily. I can see God walking with me. Helping me to learn more and grow.

THE ARMOR OF GOD:

14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

Here are two pieces; the belt of truth and the breastplate of righteousness. TRUTH - be truthful with God and yourself as well as others. The breastplate will protect your heart and help keep you righteous.

15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

Reading the word will make you ready for your race, each day.

16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Your faith will definately help you get through anything that God allows satan to throw at you. No matter what if you are faithful with God, He will be there with you. He will not leave you alone, never. Life is no way near perfect, however, if you allow yourself to stay faithful God will carry you through whatever comes your way.

17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

The helmet and sword.... which is the word. This is so simple. The word of God (the bible) tells us how to handle things, what should be important in our lives. If we are not reading the word, we loose sight of what He wants of us. We forget, start putting other things first, instead of Him. So grab that helmet to remember those scriptures, or at least read the word. Make sure you have that sword in your hand to fight off the world. The world will try to corrupt you and lead you away from the truth. God's word is the truth.

8And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Pray, pray and then pray some more. Praying doesn't have to be anything specific. When I'm praying, I talk to God just like I talk to people. God is my best friend. He knows every little bit of me. He knows the good and the bad. He knows what will get me through a day and what will bring me down. I know that satan knows those things as well. When I get pummeled by satan, I know that God will pull be through.

Today I start fresh. I began my day in worship with Him. Singing in the shower, yep... listening to some great music and singing to Him. I am looking at my day in a fresh way. Each day is new and amazing. God did so much to make it possible for me to be here, even for me to be able to blog my spiritual walk so that you can read this. Without Him we would have no heaven. Jesus is the way and the truth. He died on the cross so you and I could get to heaven. When I think about that, it just amazes me. Someone died for me, knowing I was going to sin even when I don't want to or tell myself I'm not going to do that again.

God is amazing. He made a beautiful day. He made such wonderful smells, colors for us to see, tastes, plants to create medicines, gave us the brains how to use these things and above all, he gave us His son.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, correctly.