Saturday, October 16, 2010

October

It's so amazing how it's already October. It is so true that as you get older time goes by quicker. I really think we can slow it down in our own mind's eye if we really want to. This is my way of doing that. I take a step out of my day and write. This is where it begins, even when it's in the evening like right now.

Tomorrow is BYND (bring your neighbor day) at church. This has always been a struggle with me, inviting people. I know that satan is going to try to find ways to stop us from inviting others to see God's truth. In all honesty, I had the perfect opportunity this Thursday and I blew it. I did however, return to the topic and ask the person via email. There's been no response, but that's ok.

It's so difficult for me to ask people near where I live to join me at church. This is due to my location. There is a church within walking distance of my house, but instead of going to a local church I go to one that I know teaches the truth about God and his Word. Where people are not interpreting the bible as they want to, but as it's written. So, I drive 35 miles to get there. Most times I also pick up a teen whose family does not go either. So, I leave my house around 8am for the 10am service. I don't mind the drive most times, I enjoy driving and I have my iPOD with me 99% of the time. I will listen to my music and worship God on my drive! I think it's a great way to start a morning worship. Jammin' to some great Christian music.

This year I've definately learned to like other music, even rap! That has to do with camp! That's something else I need to finish up... my camp blog! I can't wait for next year's camp already... but I'll wait.

Last Saturday I was thrilled to be a chaperon to the midwest churches homecoming dance. Oh my gosh! It was awesome! The music was great! The kids were great! The dancing was awesome! I took 196 pictures!

The best thing was that I didn't tell many of the teens that I was going to be there, I wanted to surprise a few. Boy did I! The best response was by one young lady that was in my cabin this year. She was in line waiting to get in and came running up to me. Yelling my name and gave me a great big hug. It made me feel so special, I almost cried.

The bonds you forge with other believers can be so tight! Yes, even from a younger generation. I still have such respect for the teens I've gotten to know over the last two years. They can be so inspiring. So loving. So fun! They know what the truth is from God. They live as best as they can as Christians and still have a blast in life. They are a wonderful example for everyone to see!

Well, now all I'm thinking about are the kids from camp! Trust me, it's not a bad thing one bit. The experiences I've had over those two weeks (2009 & 2010) have totally changed me. What these teens go through and still they stand firm in their beliefs... makes my driving 35 miles one way seem like NOTHING.

They are truly amazing and am so glad that I have had the opportunity to get to know so many.

No comments: