Friday, June 25, 2010

Today's Stuggles

Today is a Friday. I took the day off to participate in the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. Well, come to find out yesterday that no one on my team was planning on being there. So, I've been in the deliema whether to go or not to go. It's weighing on me greatly. I know that if it were closer it wouldn't be an issue, I'd go. This is an hour + drive away. If I had known this would happen I would have done one locally (10 min drive). Someone from our team is supposed to be on the track walking at all times. I cannot do that. I know this. So, I feel like I've decieved the people that made donations to support me. I feel so conflicted about this. This is all due to mis-communication.

I should be out mowing, or doing laundry, or something productive, but I just cannot get myself motivated to do anything. Today I'm leaning on God a bit more than usual. He will give me the strength to understand this.

I still feel so deeply for my friends who lost their husband/father last week. The family has been on my heart so much lately. Especially the teen that I know. I just want to hold her and let her cry her eyes out, but I cannot. Not yet. The time will come.


Deuteronomy 6:5 NIVLove the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength

No comments: