Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Even though Father's Day was yesterday, I thought of many things about this. There are so many aspects of what Father's Day is to people. The majority of people think it's about our earthly father, which is correct, however, we need to remember our Lord God our Father!

My earthly father... Hmmm... When I think about him, I do my best to only remember the good things about him. I know he did the best he could as a dad, no one can really ask any more of a person than giving 100%. Thinking along this line, my dad did some great things for me.

He taught me how to be organized, pack a car, use a hammer; which many of my female friends never learned how to do until they were an adult. He tried to be fun and enjoy life. I know he was not handed the best deal when he was younger. His father passed when he was little (not even 5) so his "father figures" were other men in his life. So, being that said, he did a good job.

I am greatful for my Father above allowing me to have my dad on earth. Of course there were negative things, but that is the past and it's done and over with. Today is a new day. I will take what I've learned from my dad and try to use that good for my own kids.

This way I can be a good mom to them.

No comments: