Thursday, November 06, 2008

QT - Satan Attacks

Well, Satan attacks us when we least expect it. How does he attack me? I'm so easy to attack. Let's see... Last night was a great night at Bible talk. We learned more about hope. How awesome our hope in God truely is. Caitlynn also had her first study. Both was a great time spent in God's word. I should come to expect the attacks when my heart is right with God. I have seen so much improvement in my attitude and life when I am focused on Him. He has give so much, and I have no way of repaying Him.

Job 1:8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

I should replace Job's name with mine. I come home hoping to hear from someone whom I know I won't hear from. I should not expect it any longer. I know I messed up friendships along the path of my life. Unfortunately, I put my hope in the wrong thing. Satan attacked me by bringing me down about the past. I cannot change the things I've done in my past, only make today a better day. I know that God is always with me. He is forever picking me up when I need it most.

Matt 4:10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' [ Deut. 6:13] "

This is where I stand today. I give it all to God. Satan needs to get away from me. I will not give in to the lies that he tells me. Who really cares about the past anyway. What's important is where I am today.

I know that God is working powerfully in my life. I wouldn't change anything in my past. If I did, I would not be where I am today. I would not have learned from anything. I am grateful that He who gave me breath in my lungs has given me the chance to be free from the world's worries. He's built a bridge for me to reach Him. He gave me the love in my heart. He gave me a family. He gave me some wonderful friends. Friends that forgive when I mess up. He's given me a home to work from. He's given me the ability to work. He's given me sunshine and rain. Colorful leaves in fall and beautiful flowers in the springtime.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be for one person to handle any of these things He's done? Impossible. It's all from God.

Mark 8:33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

Jesus will light my way every day. He will lead me to God.

No comments: