Tuesday, November 04, 2008

QT - My Journey

Matt 28:18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

So, Jan 20, 1996 I made a phone call to a friend that I hadn't talked to in 6 years. God set this up. Totally. This was a close friend who told me how awesome God is. He helped me see that I needed to come to church. Ok, he dragged me there. I was so amazed at what I saw. I saw people talking to each other. As if they really knew the other person. Not like I'd seen anywhere else before. Talking and hugging. Hugging and talking. The love in the room was amazing. After visiting this church several times I was asked if I wanted to study the bible. Ok, that sounded weird but ok. WOW. What I learned from that point on, still learning today... is amazing. God has so much love for us. This is why I felt it so important to share it on my blogspot for others to see. I know that if God loves me and can forgive me for my sin, than He will do that for anyone.Can you believe that God sent His son here to teach us how to get to Him. Then Jesus was crucified... that's such a nice word for murdered... tortured... in total anguish.... for US! For me more specifically. Jesus was pure, he was the truth. He didn't sin even though he was tempted. We're tempted every day to sin. Today's world doesn't see 1/3 of their sins as being wrong or sinful. I want so much to live like Jesus did when he was walking on this earth.Today I sit, in amazement for what He's created for me. Today I took my daycare kids for a walk. It's November and 70 degrees F..... It was a beautiful walk. We stopped at the park to play. Then my friend Yvonne and I packed them in the van and went to vote. I am grateful for that opportunity to have the assistance. I could have done it alone, but it would have been a bit more stressful.God created a beautiful day for us today. Sunny and warm. The kids have slept well at naptime.I still pray for Will to be less stressed about work. I know that God is working on his heart. I know that God can provide him with a less stressful job. I believe that if Will wants to see God for who He really is... he will. God is so awesome.I also continue to pray for Caitlynn. SHe wants to see God's truth. I pray that she can see His love and joy. How wonderful this world really can be.

No comments: