Thursday, January 15, 2009

QT Mark 1:35-39

Mark 1: 35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. 36 Simon and his companions went to look for him, 37 and when they found him, they exclaimed: "Everyone is looking for you!"
38 Jesus replied, "Let us go somewhere else—to the nearby villages—so I can preach there also. That is why I have come." 39 So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.


Can you imagine having get away to have time with your Father??? I totally understand why Jesus did this. He wanted time alone with God. No distractions. I feel today that the most important part of this verse is...verse 35... Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed

Today I am totally exhausted. There's no school due to high windchill, so I have extra kids. That's not too bad, really. I'm just tired and edgy to beging with. I was up at 4:15am with Will. He woke me up after that to say goodbye. Then at 5am the phone rang. THen my alarm goes off at 5:30. I've been trying to get out of bed earlier but it's just not working. I crawled out of bed at 6:25am. I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight.

The Pinewood Derby is Saturday. I'll be busy all day with that. This means I won't sleep in like I may want to. Will and I have discussed getting a new bed. We've decided what mattress to get as the one we have right now is horrible. We're also going to get a new bedroom set. I think it will look really nice in the mint green room. I'm hoping this will help me feel more rested in the mornings.

I pray for Sue and her health. For her and Brad to continue on with their fostercare classes. I know God will bless them. I pray for Will to get the respect that he deserves at work. He does a great job and should get the accountablility. I pray that Angel can get up in the mornings for school ontime, the rest of the school year.

This cold is driving me nuts. It was -14 F when I came downstairs at 6:40am. It's up to -5 F last I checked. Brrrrr. I know it's warm in the house, but I feel soooo cold.

I'm so looking forward to warmer weather.

No comments: