Thursday, January 29, 2009

QT - 2Cor 10:5

2 Cor 10:5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

This is one of the scriptures covered last night at midweek. I wrote it down several times so I could remember it. I think that it is very important. I need to remember to "take captive every thought" like God tells me to do here.

I know that sometimes we loose track of what's going on. We all have busy hectic lives. Unfortunately, I know the way my mind works. I need this passage every day. I need to remind my self that what I think DOES matter. God knows what I'm thinking. So, the next time I get frustrated because someone doesn't do their chores... instead of getting angry at them, I should discipline them (ok, only with my kids). God has so much wisdom in the Bible for us to use. Why can't I remember it and quote it all the time? This would make it much easier, so I guess that's why.

I need to learn and become wise myself. Through the teachings of His word and through my life. God knows what I struggle with. He knows how I am feeling. He knows all that happens in my life and within my heart. I just pray for Him to cleanse it daily and renew my love for Him.

As we come to the end of January, I am looking forward to spring. It's been cold here, just like January is supposed to be, but I'm looking forward to warmer weather. What's really sad is that 40F sounds great! Just wait... summer will be here and I'll be wanting it to cool off. Never pleased with the weather... ok, not always.

Today I am grateful for heat, all the necessities that God's provided. I am grateful for the friends that I have. For those who God has put in my path for me to cherish for who they really are.

No comments: