Monday, September 15, 2008

QT Proverbs 3:1-6

Proverbs 3:1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,

Remember to follow God's teachings. Learn what He wants us to know. If we remember the what He has given us to do, they will bring us "peace and prosperity". I'm hoping for the peace part. I have a war going on within me daily. Satan attacks me all the time. In the places he knows that I struggle with. I must keep God's commands close to my heart and active in my life to beat Satan

2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.


I need this so much. I know God loves me, and that he wants me to love everyone else. He will guide me to do these things.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and humankind.

I would rather win favor with God than man, but I know that being human, we want that as well. However, I will live to please the Lord and show Him to man

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

If I leaned on my own understanding I would not be where I am today. I have to lean on Him. I trust Him with all my heart. I struggle with time. I know it's in His time and not my time. I guess I'm just impatient. I need to learn more patience, so I can understand Him better

6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

I need to get better at submitting to Him. It would help if He lit my path with a neon sign sometimes though.

Although I've been struggling with depression once again. I have a much better aspect of it than I used to. I know it will get better. I know I'm here for a reason. I know God loves me. If I continue to work on things within my heart and focus on God, He will light that path for me with a neon sign. It will continue to point the direction He wants me to walk in.

Today's prayer:
Father, God who created heaven and earth. Thank you so much for waking me up this morning to see the sun shining behind the clouds. Father to smell the fresh air and ability to do my job. Lord, I pray that you help me continue to get out of this funk I've been in. Lord, guide my path and lead me to You.

Father, I pray for my family. Lord that Will has a good day at work today. Father, he is so stressed from work, I worry about him. Please help him to see you in his life. I pray for my children. For Angel, Lord, for her to see you today. In one thing, just a glimse of you. Father, for Caitlynn, please help her to be strong and faithful today. Help her to focus on Your word today. Father, Tanis, Lord for him to be slow to anger and focus on good things today

Father, I pray for my friends. Lord, for Sue and Brad. For their income to increase with a new job for Brad. Lord, help him to work for you. He is an awesome disciple, help him to see it in himself, to pick himself up by the "bootstraps" and walk into a job interview for you. Father, help their marriage grow like only You can do. Lord, for Scott and Trina. Father, I have know Scott for what seems like forever, just as long as I've known Sue. Father, help Scott to support his family financially. Please help him to stay strong in his faith of You. Help Trina to see you in her life. Help her to see how wonderful she really is. Lord, please keep my friends and family safe during all travel today. Allow them to come home healthy and happy.

Please help me to have the zeal for life that I want to have. To have the energy and faithfullness that only You can provide. I pray that you continue to work in my life to help others. Father, thank you for your son. He died for me to be a bridge between us. So that I can get to you. So I can be forgiven and get to heaven.

Thank you so much for Jesus and the life he gave. In His name... Amen.

No comments: