Thursday, March 25, 2010

A New Day

Today is a new day. A new day for many things. If I look at things in this perspective, it always seems better. I've learned over the years how to look at my life in a positive way, it has not been easy for me. By nature, I'm a negative person when it comes to looking at myself. I have learned how to do the best I can, which is all I can ask of myself. Honestly, if others don't like it, oh well, I can't change other people's opinions. All that matters is that I'm trying to live my life the way I believe God wants me to.

So, I look at Psalm 52... what do I think of this passage? Let's see....


Psalm 52:1 Why do you boast of evil, you mighty man?
Why do you boast all day long,
you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God?
Do not live by the eyes of man, but the eys of God.
2 Your tongue plots destruction;

it is like a sharpened razor,
you who practice deceit.
Speaking without deceit, God wants us to speak without malice or deceit.
3 You love evil rather than good,

falsehood rather than speaking the truth.
Selah
So far we know this is what people are doing all the time... living like this 1-3.
4 You love every harmful word,

O you deceitful tongue!
5 Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin:
He will snatch you up and tear you from your tent;
he will uproot you from the land of the living.
Selah
Look out! He will snatch you up!
6 The righteous will see and fear;

they will laugh at him, saying,
7 "Here now is the man

who did not make God his stronghold
but trusted in his great wealth
and grew strong by destroying others!"
8 But I am like an olive tree

flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God's unfailing love
for ever and ever.
Am I living in God's house? Am I flourishing? There's always work to be done on myself in this area. I do trust in God's love, though. It's the only guarentee I have.
9 I will praise you forever for what you have done;

in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
I will praise you in the presence of your saints.
I will praise God for all He's done for me. Without Him I would not be in a good place. I would be a bitter, anger person. I do not believe that I would have enjoyed my life half as much as I have, and I'm not even half done with it yet!

God is Good!

No comments: